Race and Equity Advisory Committee (REAC)
The purpose of the Advisory Committee is to:
- Make recommendations to the Superintendent for changes to district practices and proceduresrelated to equity practices and systems;
- Monitor progress and outcmes of recommendations implemented; and
- Serve as a two-way conduit of information to WCPS diverse families and cmmunity members. We also ask that it's members selve as family and community connectors to the public, communicating the committee's recommendations and progress.
- Community Engangement – Establish additional and varied paths of communications with parents, businesses, community advocates and the like.
- Curriculum and Instruction – Ensure instruction and chosen materials are culturally relevant, and to implement standards based instruction with a lens in equity. Diversify course selection for Junior-Senior High students.
- Recruitment and Retention –Create recruitment processes that are sustainable and attracts a diverse pool of high quality candidates. Create an environment where staff members want to stay.
- Cultural Awareness/School Climate – Celebrate our many diverse cultures and groups through events and recognition that will promote a positive school climate.
Each of the focus committees above will have REAC members attend set meetings to just discuss their topic, and then up to three advisors from each committee will meet as a group to report out on recommendations and findings from their focus committee.
The next REAC meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 12, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. in the Junior-Senior High School Library. If you’d like to participate in REAC, please email Stacy Hoffman, Secretary to the Superintendent, your interest in at least one of the 4 focus committees above. The sign in sheets will be divided according to the 4 groups. Also, please let Mrs. Hoffman know when responding if you will be able to make the November 12 meeting; you should note that while we hope you will be able to attend, your presence at this meeting is not required to choose a group, we do however ask for a genuine commitment to wanting to make strides in equity in the district.
All school community members are invited and encouraged to attend. Also, if you know of a specific individual who would be interested, please extend this invitation.
- New to the Community?
- Breakfast & Lunch Menus
- Parent & Community Organizations
- School Boundaries
- School Library Media Centers
- Comprehensive Equity Plan
- Harassment, Intimidation & Bullying (HIB)
- Preschool Family Liaison
- School Safety & Security
- COPPA Privacy Policies
- Parent Links
- City of Woodbury (opens in new window)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.