Interdistrict Public School Choice
Open to Students Entering Grade 8 Through Grade 11
Woodbury Junior-Senior High School participates in the state's Interdistrict Public School Choice program. This means that the same opportunity our residents enjoy is available to families from districts throughout South Jersey at no charge.
Are your children lost in larger school systems? Do you wish for the private-school culture and climate we provide in Woodbury? Our personalized atmosphere motivates students to achieve individual success.
Why do our students love our school?
- Students learn effectively with our smaller class sizes.
- Athletic teams and co-curricular activities make few to no cuts.
- Students can play a sport, march in the band, perform in the musical and join clubs all in the same year.
- Students choose from a vast array of Advanced Placement (AP) classes.
- We maintain one of the strongest AP success rates in all of South Jersey.
- Interactive whiteboards are in almost every classroom.
- Students may freely elect to take advanced classes because they want to challenge themselves.
- Effective educators have been trained in AVID strategies, Differentiated Instruction, Developmental Design, and Constructivist Math.
- AVID methodologies have spread across the curriculum.
- We provide a complete AVID elective program to support students taking rigorous classwork.
- As a senior, attend Rowan University at Gloucester County and take four college classes.
- We are focused on thorough preparation for success in college.
- Many college visits are part of the secondary educational experience.
- The Junior-Senior High school is recognized as an AVID National Demonstration School.
- The high school recently was awarded the College Board Inspiration Award, one of three schools in the nation to be honored.
- The high school was named a US News 2013 Best High School -- Silver Award Winner, the only school in Gloucester County recognized.
By choosing to enroll in our AVID program, any New Jersey student living within thirty miles of Woodbury can now make application to enroll in our district with all funding provided by the state and no charge to the student or his/her family. Students may enter in any grade – eight through eleven -- and remain through high school graduation.
An application and brochure are attached to this web page. Any interested parents, please contact me. I will help you through the application process. In addition, feel free to forward this link to anyone.
Woodbury City Interdistrict Public School Choice Program
Contact Person: Vincent Myers
856-853-0123 Ext. 225
- Timeline -- Important dates for parents/guardians to follow
- Conograma -- Fechas importantes para que los padres/tutores sigan
- Description -- Woodbury City's Interdistrict School Choice Opportunity
- Descripción -- Ciudad de Woodbury Oportunidad de Opcion Escolar Interdistrito
- Pamphlet -- Overview of Opportunity
- Parent/Guardian Application -- Woodbury City's Interdistrict School Choice AVID Program
- Solicitud del estudiante
- Student/AVID Application
- Intent to Particpate Form
- Aviso de Intención de Participar
- Intent to Enroll Form
- Aviso di Intencion di inscrbirse
- Principal's Message
- Resources and Forms
- School Store (opens in new window)
- Bell Schedule
- High School Programs
- Junior High Counseling
- Senior High Counseling
- High School Awards and Recognition
- High School Interdistrict Public School Choice
- Summer Reading
- AP Summer Assignments
- Mobile Mentors
- 21st Century Thundering Herd
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.