Career Research Guiding Questions
Ms. Fitzgerald AVID Freshman
This project is aimed at enabling you to find out information about a career you are presently interested in pursuing in order to help you decide if this truly is “the career for you” and help you to plan now on the steps to take to get certified or involved in your chosen career. You are to answer the questions/complete the tasks posed below on a separate sheet of paper.
1) What are the educational requirements for this career? (i.e. How many years of formal education/training are needed? In what areas must you take course work in to become certified? etc.)
2) What schools specialize in this career area?
3) Provide a brief job description for your chosen career.
4) Name at least 5 job skills or requirements
5) Where could you practice this career? (i.e. what type of facilities?) Would you have to relocate?
6) What are the starting, average, and top salaries for this profession?
7) What job growth or advancement opportunities are there in this field?
8) State at least two interesting statistics you uncovered about this profession. (i.e. percentage of females/males practicing this profession, percentage of certain age people involved in this career field, etc.)
9) Explain at least three concerns or drawbacks you see in entering or practicing in this career field.
10) Explain you reason for interest in this profession.
11) If you could interview someone in this field, what two questions would you ask?
Product Due date _________________
Oral presentation Due Date_______________