- #2 FOR THE DAILY SCHEDULE
- #3 FOR CANCELLATIONS OR CHANGES
- #4 FOR DIRECTIONS
- #1 FOR THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, GRANT SHIVERS
Jr. – Sr. High school has grades
6-12 on our campus and has an enrollment of about 773 students
(417 grades 9-12).
Woodbury is a member of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association and is a South Jersey, Group I School. Woodbury is also a member of the Colonial Conference, made up of 12 area, liked size schools.
Woodbury has a proud tradition of athletic excellence. This tradition has been realized over many years through the pride and efforts of the Board of Education, Administration, Coaching Staff, Community and the Student-Athletes.
A successful athletic program depends on the talents and dedication of all persons involved. It is not just measured by wins and losses but by the way we build the moral character of the student-athlete.
It is the purpose of the athletic program at Woodbury Jr. – Sr. High School to provide experiences for students which will contribute to their physical, moral, social, and academic maturation.
The goals and objectives of athletics in the Woodbury School District are to develop wholesome attitudes towards teammates, opponents and officials; to develop the qualities of citizenship, leadership, discipline, and sportsmanship; to encourage healthy habits while maintaining the moral and ethical behavior expected of all student-athletes; to realize that being a student-athlete is a cherished privilege, not a right. All parts of the athletic program must serve these ends and anything that does not serve to further these aims has no place in the program.
The interscholastic program of the Woodbury School District is based upon the premise that athletics are an integral part of the educational process of the total school program. The program shall be administered in accordance with Woodbury Board of Education policies, the constitution and bylaws of the New Jersey Interscholastic Athletic Association and the Colonial Conference.
- To develop and maintain established codes of discipline (Athletic Contract).
- To learn respect for authority.
- To teach, develop and maintain physical fitness.
- To understand that “Academics” comes before “Athletics”.
- To teach, practice and observe good sportsmanship.
- To teach and develop responsibility to the team, the coach, the school, the family, the community and ourselves.
- To teach new skills and to offer opportunities to improve those skills already possessed.
- To provide opportunities for development of lasting friendships with both teammates and opponents.
- To demonstrate to all that the competitive athletic program provided by the district is promoted under conditions which ensure that the participants perform in the best tradition of sportsmanship.
- To provide for the development of approved social patterns of individual and group conduct.
- To provide students the opportunity to experience the satisfaction of self-sacrifice in an attempt to contribute to the good of the team.
- To encourage students to develop and possess the highest standards of moral, ethical and spiritual character by participation in the athletic program.
- To assist student-athletes with recruitment, scholarships, grant in aids and applications to institutions of higher learning.
- To develop skills and promote positive attitudes which will lead to a lifetime of sports and recreational activities.
There are links on this web site to help you find information about the NCAA, NFHS (National Federation of High Schools, the governing body of high school athletics), the NJSIAA, The Colonial Conference and for directions to schools in the Colonial Conference as well as all the schools in South Jersey. I am always interested in adding more to this web page so suggestions are always welcome.
I look forward to a great school year and I hope that this web page is helpful to you.
CO-Curricular Activities Director